Wat Sa Kaeo
Map Have Map No Map
Ang Thong attractions
Attractions in Thailand
Operating day: Daily
Operating time: 08.00 - 17.00
Is located in Tambon Bang Sadet approximately 200 meters away from Wat Tha Sutthawat along the irrigation canal road. If travel from Ayutthaya using Ayutthaya Ang Thong route (Highway No. 309) Km 39-40, entrance to the temple will be on the left side.
This temple was constructed in 1699 when it was originally named Wat Sakae. This temple has become the orphans care center with many children under supervision.
Therefore, Wat Sa Kaeo Orphanage Li Gay troupe has been established for earning income to cover the expenses in bringing up themselves, which in turn makes this temple become well known.
Inside Wat Sa Kaeo, there is Samakkhisamakhan building, which is a center for hand woven fabrics project under Her Majesty the Queens initiation established in 1981, currently under the supervision of Cottage Industry Section, Ministry of Industry.
Also, there are good-quality woven clothes e.g. sarong, bathing cloth, etc. In front of the temple is the location of Amphoe Pa Mok Cultural Center, providing demonstration of weaving, silverware and court doll production, and agriculture produce from housewives e.g. banana.
This represents the dissemination of Amphoe Pa Mok workmanship skills to be known and sold to the public. Both attractions are open daily from 8 am. 4 pm. For more information, please contact Wat Sa Kaeo at Tel.0 3566 1169,0 3566 1273 or Wat Sa Kaeo School at Tel. 0 3566 1950-1 or email : Wat_Sakaew@hotmail.com
Tel: 035661169, 035661273
Wat Sa Kaeo Map
Category: ●Places of Worship
Tag: ●Wat Sa Kaeo
Last Update: 3 YearAgo